Method Studios’ film and episodic teams are integrating with Framestore as part of an exciting plan to offer innovative, best-in-class visual effects animation from four continents.
Method’s Montreal, Melbourne and Vancouver studios are in the process of being integrated with Framestore, and we hope to have this work fully completed by March 2022.
For the time-being your contract and recruitment contact will depend on which studio you apply for, but wherever you are based we look forward to welcoming you to the Framestore family.
Method Studio Montreal is looking for a Layout Artist to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Head of Layout, the Layout Artist is responsible for recreating camera movements for integration of 3D elements in sequences for a live-action feature film (and/or TV) partnering with the animation and modeling departments to deliver accurate camera animation.
In this role, you will:
- Recreates the sets, objects and camera motion of shots in 3D software environment to match the live-action background plate images;
- Create proxy props and other models based on supplied set data and/or other available survey information;
- Include proof of scale in a virtual layout set up;
- Edit, merge and extend camera motions when needed;
- Manage cameras on a sequence/environment level to ensure consistency between all shots;
- Matchmove objects/characters to match the action in the live-action plates;
- Render track/matchmove oversupplied plates for approval;
- Undistort/distort plates;
- Debug technical problems and escalate issues as needed;
- Create scenes and shots by place characters, props and environments according to the storyboard;
- Put the characters in key poses to define their actions and movements;
- Adapt shot staging according to the composition;
- Check the conformity and continuity of the sequences;
- Maintain timing and production quotas given by the Production Coordinator;
- Execute the corrections requested by the Supervisor by showing an analytic mind;
- Organize work and prepare presentation elements for approval;
This job is for you if:
- College diploma in 3D graphic arts;
- A minimum of two years of Layout experience in a Visual Effects production environment;
- Experience with 3D Equalizer;
- Other tracking packages an asset;
- Have a good eye for image composition;
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Nuke;
- Demonstrated experience with "realism" modeling, lighting, texture, effect, composting and animation;
- Knowledge of shotgun is a plus.
- Demonstrated Team Player with a great attitude;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Exercise close attention to detail;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving ability;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands, flexibility and professionalism in a creative environment.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can't wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.