Ensure the provision of generalist Human Resources expertise to the Melbourne
studio, acting as business partner to the Head of VFX, and other members of the
management team and crewing/talent functions.
This is a stand-alone HR management role reporting to the Head of HR who is
based in the UK. The HR Manager works as part of the global Framestore HR
team managing the implementation of global HR initiatives in Melbourne.
The role is HR advisor and partner to the Melbourne management, production
and creative teams. It is a fast paced environment and the role requires
someone who is able to influence at senior level.
Location: Hybrid working with some days in the Melbourne office and some at
home (exact work pattern to be determined).
● Oversee all HR activities for Melbourne
● Act as HR Business partner to local Head of Studio and other Managers.
● Provide advice and expertise to management at all levels on employee
relation, performance management and other HR related matters;
● Ensure legal compliance and balance with commercial priorities;
● Support employees at all levels with HR related queries and requests for
● Ensure team members are supported throughout their career at Framestore
from point of offer, onboarding, through career development and
● Maintain knowledge of immigration policies and plans and work with
colleagues to provide immigration support to crewing teams in the business
● Work with external Immigration expert in Melbourne
Compensation & Benefits
● Undertake salary benchmarking/surveys and analysis, as required;
● Work with Head of HR and other HR colleagues to develop strategies to
improve the company’s compensation and benefits offering, with the aim of
creating points of difference which make Framestore stand out from its
● Ensure HR systems are kept updated and maintained;
● Oversee training and support to Managers and employees on system usage;
● Assist with the implementation of Framestore HR systems in the Melbourne
● Oversee ongoing development of the Melbourne site on Company’s HR
Learning and Development
● In partnership with Head of HR, undertake an annual training needs
analysis for soft skills and management skills;
● Provide management workshops on core areas such as performance,
appraisal, absence etc;
● Work with external training providers to scope out training requirements
and organise training programmes
● Ensure our policies and procedures are legally compliant and review on
an annual basis
● Promoting well-being agenda at Framestore with workshops and events
across the year
● Generating offers, contracts and other Hr documents
● HR Induction and onboarding process
● HR files and records updated and maintained
● Undertake project work and initiatives, as required;
● Participate as a member of the HR Global team, considering ways to
enhance HR service and delivery;
● Contributing ideas for continuous improvement;
● Other duties as necessary.
Skills and Experience
● Previous experience in an HR
Manager/ Business Partner role.
● Experience operating within a
creative or technical business.
● Degree and/or business qualification
in HRM, or equivalent.
Excellent interpersonal and
● Diplomatic with good negotiation
● Adopts a flexible approach, and
adapts style to suit different
situations and people
● Ability to work with members of the
senior management team, sharing
information and working
collaboratively to achieve team
● Acts as an ambassador for the team
both internally and externally
● Identifies issues and works hard to
implement sound solutions
● Ability to work under pressure
● Ability to work with people at all
● Ability to deal with difficult situations
in a calm and professional manner
● Highly organised and methodical
● Previous experience within the
visual effects/film production
sector would be helpful.