Junior Nuke Artist
Framestore Los Angeles is expanding our staff compositing team, and are looking for enthusiastic Junior Nuke Artists to join our busy facility working across a diverse range and high-end creative content.
The Junior Nuke Artist reports to the Head of Nuke in LA, taking a hands on role in projects that cover the full range of high end content we produce at Framestore including advertising, branding, film, episodic and immersive projects.
The Junior Nuke Artist must possess an in depth knowledge of compositing foundations from clean up to integrations involving live plates and CG elements, as well as skills with creative and design-driven compositing. The Junior Nuke Artist must have a blend of technical and creative skill on the box as well as an ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position will eventually require working onsite in our Los Angeles studio.
- Taking briefs and direction from Compositing Supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to a high standard
- Working with clients in order to create their vision
- Meeting schedules and project deadlines
- Ongoing communication with production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- An excellent working knowledge of and at least 1 year production experience with Nuke in commercials and/or film projects
- A solid reel showing a wide range of shots and a creative eye
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- Eagerness to learn and self-motivated in pursuit of own professional development
- Proven ability in working with clients in order to create their vision
- An understanding of color space principles
- Photoshop and Linux experience
- Must have US work authorization
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
- Experience with Hiero, Shotgun, After effects, Final Cut, Flame is an advantage
- Compositing experience in a commercial environment is desirable
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.