Framestore is recruiting an experienced FX LEAD who is responsible for leading a team of FX Artists in the production and delivery of large scale, high quality FX shots for feature films.
This position is open to remote candidates!
- Mentor and motivate your team of FX Artists to grow their craft using the latest techniques and tools
- Work with Production to break down task requirements and assign shots to artists
- Help build the team by being involved in recruitment
- Work closely with the FX HOD to ensure the team are producing high quality work
- Work closely with the Pipeline department, providing suggestions and feedback to improve setup, visual quality and tool functionality
- Meet schedules and show deadlines
- Communicate with Production regarding the teams' schedules and deadlines
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots
- Submit shots for review and follow through with the teams' notes and feedback if required
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 4 years of experience as an FX Artist in a VFX Production environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- An excellent working knowledge of Houdini and/or Maya
- A thorough understanding of the techniques and technologies relating to FX simulation and procedural animation
- Extensive experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions in addition to simulation techniques for rigid-bodies, cloth and hair
- Basic compositing skills in Nuke
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process
- A familiarity with pipeline issues, especially working between multiple packages.
If this sounds like a fit, we'd love to hear from you!
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.