Lighting and Look Development TD
Framestore’s New York studio is expanding our staff CG team, and are looking for a Lighting and Look Dev TD to join our busy facility working across a diverse range of high-end creative content within our Integrated Advertising division.
We work on award winning highly creative commercials and immersive projects and are looking for a Lighting and Look Development TD who has a passion for high end VFX and has experience working in a collaborative team atmosphere. If you have broader generalist skills, that is a welcome bonus.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position may eventually require at least some onsite work in our NY studio.
- CG scene assembly including the correct assets from applicable departments
- Lighting shots as briefed by the Visual Effects/CG Supervisor or Sequence Lead
- Creating efficient rendering setups in order to optimize render farm usage
- Scrutinizing the colors and directions of all light sources in the real-world scene and replicating them in CG
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- Ongoing communication with Production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- An excellent working knowledge of and at least 1 year production experience with CG Lighting and Look Development in commercials, episodic, and/or film projects
- Previous experience with shot look development
- Understanding of color-space
- Good knowledge of lighting techniques
- Good knowledge of Nuke, including how to use layers and passes to tweak a shot after it has been rendered
- Knowledge of other disciplines within VFX including; FX Simulation, Modeling and UV mapping, Texturing and Camera Tracking
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving and attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality results
- Able to work successfully as part of a team as well as independently
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of Arnold or a similar production renderer
- Knowledge of physically plausible shading techniques
- Basic knowledge of Python and/or Mel scripting
- Understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Experience and knowledge in Modeling and Texturing
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with digital paint software such as Photoshop and/or Mari
- Experience working with effects elements and volume rendering
- Knowledge and experience in other render packages
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.