Pipeline Technical Director
Due to the ongoing global situation with Covid-19 we encourage you to register your interest in positions with Framestore but please be aware that we will only consider these as speculative applications at this time. Once we recommence recruitment we will be in touch if your application is a fit for our ongoing needs.
Pipeline Technical Directors are responsible for writing and maintaining tools for use on high end visual effects films. Pipeline TDs are required to work closely with the CG Supervisor, department Leads and Lead Pipeline TD.
- Writing pipeline tools and further developing the pipeline for use across Framestore shows
- Working in collaboration with the CG Supervisor and end users to determine the best solutions
- Once a solution has been agreed then ensure that it addresses end user and show requirements as briefed
- Maintaining of tools including troubleshooting and optimisation
- Thorough documentation of all development and updating as necessary
- Ongoing research to recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity or communication
- Excellent Python and Linux skills
- Experience developing for a Visual Effects application such as Maya, Houdini or Nuke
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- The ability to prioritise production needs and tasks
- Detail orientated with a strong ability to multi-task
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting through to compositing
- A general understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
- Experience developing for other applications such as Nuke
- Visual effects production experience
- A degree in Computer Science
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.