Roto Artists work with Compositors to help them integrate all elements of an image, including CG and live action, to create film visual effects shots. This includes creating mattes for CG hold-outs as well as using various techniques and software. They create silhouettes known as roto mattes within the frame to allow the scene to be layered by compositors.
Please note: Apply with your updated cv and reel link.
- Deliver mid or senior level roto tasks (dependent on level) within bid days or below bid days for seniors
- Create layered roto mattes for Compositors and other departments to use and communicate with these department to ensure they have everything they need
- Submit shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback if required
- Meet schedules and show deadlines, maintaining the highest standards
- Have ongoing communication with Production and Lead regarding schedules and deadlines
- Work within the Framestore pipeline and adhere to naming conventions
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology
- Advise more junior members of the team on correct methodologies roto tasks
- Host training sessions and create training material
- QC work for in house artists and outside vendors
- A diploma and degree in vfx or art related subject
- Prior experience in a Junior Roto role
- Expertise in Silhouette software
- Prior knowledge of a Linux based operating system
- A general understanding of the VFX production and comp workflows
- An creative eye for photography, lenses and practical lighting
- A knowledge of prep is an added advantage
- 3D Maya interface experience
- Have an understanding of Python scripting and how to use this to create and edit Framestore gizmos
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.