Framestore’s LA studio in Culver City is expanding and is looking for a staff VFX Editor to join our team.
The Editorial Department within Framestore's Integrated Advertising division is a busy and energetic workplace and forms the central hub around which our larger VFX jobs are built. It is responsible for all VFX shot management, edit updates, wip deliveries and client reviews.
The ideal candidate will need to be highly self-motivated, proactive, able to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients. We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background and at least three (3) years editing experience in the professional video and/or film industry.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position will eventually require at least some onsite work in our Culver City studio.
- Conform & maintain project edit timelines via client EDL/XML ensuring frame accuracy of entire project
- Maintain up to date edit and audio mix while accommodating constantly changing EDLs from clients
- Work closely with VFX Supervisors and Producers to maintain in-depth understanding of a project's status
- Take responsibility and ownership of project, time management, and feedback from Supervisors & Producers - work closely with Color Assists and Colorists in rendering proper color look of graded plates during project
- Update end of day edits and output client WIPs to Framestore's web-browser (Front2)
- Build upon and refine a VFX editorial pipeline in conjunction with other Framestore facilities
- Organizing and preparing edits for distribution to various VFX departments
- Maintaining an up to date edit whilst taking into account changing EDLs from clients as well as per shot versions from VFX departments
- Preparing for and operating NLE system during internal and client reviews
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors/Producers
- A thorough understanding of core editing workflow principles (EDL management, formats, frame rates, colorspace etc).
- A working knowledge of Hiero or (at least) a knowledge of another NLE (FCP, Avid, Smoke).
- Knowledge of and an interest in color spaces, is desirable - in particular knowledge of ACES, ARRI and RED camera color formats
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to think on your feet
- A polite and respectful attitude towards clients
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail and a meticulous nature
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- A working knowledge of different professional cameras: R3D, Canon, Phantom, Arri Alexa
- Knowledge of The Foundry's Hiero software
- Knowledge of shotgun or equivalent asset management systems a plus
- Familiarity with Render Farms
- A working knowledge of a modern, professional VFX pipeline
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Python programming knowledge
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.