Description de l'offre d'emploi
Framestore is looking for an experienced CG Lead to join our Los Angeles studio working across a diverse range of projects within our Integrated Advertising division.
The CG Lead will report to the Head of CG in LA, taking both a leadership role as well as a hands on role in the CG team. We are looking for someone with a broad understanding of all aspects of the CG pipeline. We are also open to a CG Artist with a specialisation in one area of the pipeline, but a willingness and broad enough understanding to be able to lead across entire projects.
The CG Lead will supervise the CG elements of commercial, TV, and/or Immersive projects, manage small CG teams, as well as work on shots on projects as required. We are looking for someone with the blend of technical and creative skill on the box as well as a desire to lead. The career progression for this role will be into a CG Supervisor role.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position will eventually require at least some onsite work in our Culver City studio.
- Leading technical aspects of VFX 3D commercial projects, including on set supervision, when required.
- Working closely with the production team and CG Supervisor on planning CG projects
- Shot look development for complex CG shots and sequences
- Leading a team of CG artists during the shot production phase.
- Working on shots of a high level of complexity; this role will also involve hands on shot production work potentially on multiple projects when needed.
- Troubleshooting projects when they are challenged, working with the producers and supervisors to deliver projects on time and with high quality CG.
- Managing and mentoring CG artists performance, providing feedback during projects and guiding artists in your team during projects.
Pré-requis du poste
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of VFX pipelines, production and workflows.
- A strong sense of aesthetic and the desire to push boundaries.
- Solid experience in one specific area of the pipeline - EG shot look development/lighting/assets/animation/FX
- Solid knowledge of all other disciplines within VFX, including modeling and UV mapping, texturing, rigging, camera tracking and FX.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must be a creative problem solver and have good attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure & meet deadlines whilst maintaining high quality results
- VFX industry experience of 6+ years
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- A collaborative work ethic.
- Experienced in Maya and Houdini
- Extensive knowledge of rendering packages, such as Arnold, V-ray and Mantra
- Well versed in Nuke
- Knowledge of Mel and/or Python Scripting
- Strong understanding of linux \ unix based operating systems
- Leadership experience of small teams, and ambition to be a CG Supervisor
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.