Compositing Supervisor - Film & Episodic (Expression of Interest)
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Please note that this job advert is for an expression of interest only and not an active job vacancy.
The Compositing Supervisor plays a key role in driving the overall direction of the 2D department as well as building up a world-class compositing team. He/she will be responsible for the management of the compositing team, the quality of the compositing work and an overview and development of the 2D pipeline across film, TV and digital projects. Working closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor, CG Supervisor and Producer the Compositing Supervisor communicates and delegates the compositing needs of the project(s) to the compositing team as well as represents the voice of the compositing crew with respect to workload and pipeline environment.
The Compositing Supervisor leads by example and maintains a hands-on compositing role, but also takes on project-specific duties including monitoring shots and overall project progress. The overall aim for the Compositing Supervisor is to build and lead a team that is motivated and enthusiastic, where there are opportunities for each Compositor to learn and grow and that produces great work.
- Recruit, train and mentor a team of Compositors
- Brief/mentor junior/mid/senior level talent and cast shots appropriately
- Take responsibility for the quality of the work of the team as a whole
- Composite shots and sequences to a finished standard
- Work proactively and collaboratively with all other VFX and support departments
- Work closely with production to bid and schedule work
- Attend client reviews and lead daily reviews with the Compositing team
- On set VFX supervision for (but not limited to) 2D based projects
- Balance the creative and technical aspects of each shot/sequence
- Solve any difficult technical and artistic compositing challenges
- Colour pipeline management and 2D workflow as it integrates with DI, CG and DMP
- Take a leadership role in guiding the longer term goals of the 2D department, covering both building up a team of Compositors as well as 2D pipeline development,
Pré-requis du poste
- Deep understanding of film VFX processes and pipeline
- Several years of experience in Compositing predominantly in film or TV and commercials
- Expert user of Nuke plus other compositing software
- Critical eye for detail and a beautiful compositing showreel
- Able to work well under pressure
- Proven artist management and leadership skills
- Experience recruiting and building up a 2D team
- Highly organised
- Solid negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Lighting photography core skills
- On-set VFX supervision experience
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.