Freelance: Immersive Developers - Los Angeles
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Framestore is interested in hearing from Freelance Immersive Developers to work with our LA Studio on short and long term projects.
Immersive Developers are focused on implementation of interactive functionality across VR/AR/XR, installations, and other real-time rendered/software applications.
The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, a broad knowledge of realtime engines (Unreal Engine 4, Unity, etc), is able to develop new tools and functions and implement interactions under specific technical and artistic requirements, and assist optimization and the development and maintenance of digital pipelines.
This person must have strong communication skills and be able to work with team members from various backgrounds and disciplines including traditional VFX artists.
- Working with the team to create interactive experiences. You will draw on your experience and skillset to help create the highest quality software for world renowned clients.
- Capable of end-to-end development of new features from concept through implementation, and testing to deployment
- Writing clean, well documented, testable code
- Apply best practices for efficient and effective development; looks for opportunities to streamline and fully utilize current and new technology solutions
- Work with team members of different disciplines to implement features and functionality, taking direction from both technical and creative leads.
- Stay current on technology relevant to XR and real time applications for VFX, and conduct necessary research and development testing to assess emerging technology options, and recommend appropriate technologies for the development of new projects
- Rapid prototyping with cutting-edge technology in XR and advanced displays, sensors, AI and machine learning
- Lighting and shading code for diverse platforms
- Work closely with the various team leads to ensure projects are delivered on time, to a strong level of quality
- Maintain an inclusive process and culture that empowers entire project team to contribute to final results
- Provide input to estimation of work efforts and solutioning
- Execute tasks on time and with an eagerness to learn
Pré-requis du poste
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- Minimum 3+ years experience coding in C/C++ and working with real-time engines
- Proficient in shader languages (UE4 Shader Graph, Unity URP HLSL, OpenGL ES)
- Hands on experience with XR projects
- A good eye and aesthetic
- Experience with Agile development
- Strong math and physics skills
- Strong communication skills
- A team player, with a positive and proactive attitude
- Highly committed, and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Extremely organized with an excellent attention to detail
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast paced environment
- 3D graphics programming experience
- OpenCV, Open NI, GPU programming an advantage
- Integrating with existing AR platforms (ARCore, ARKit)
- Understanding of VFX pipeline/workflows and/or virtual production experience
- Machine learning / Computer Vision
- Mobile development, iOS/Android
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.