Description de l'offre d'emploi
Paint Artists work with Compositors to help them integrate all elements of an image, including CG and live action, to create film visual effects shots. They remove unwanted items from plates, such as; wires, rigs, crew, mocap people and tracking markers. They clean up the backgrounds of live action-footage ready for the effects to be layered onto it by the compositor.
Please Note: Apply with your updated cv and show reel link.
Prep artists will be responsible for;
- Deliver mid or senior level paint tasks (dependent on level) within bid days or below bid days for seniors
- Experience in Marker, wire and complex rig removal, artifact clean-up and bg. Plate restoration.
- Ability to composite procedures such as grading, wrapping, morphing and distortion.
- Degrain plates
- Create HDRI stitches from on set HDRI photography
- Submit shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback if required
- Meet schedules and show deadlines, maintaining the highest standards
- Have ongoing communication with Production and Lead regarding schedules and deadlines
- Work within the Framestore pipeline and adhere to naming conventions
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology
- Advise more junior members of the team on correct methodologies in paint tasks
- Host training sessions and create training material
- QC work for in house artists and outside vendor
Pré-requis du poste
- An Arts or Science degree in a moving picture or art related subject
- Prior experience in a Junior Paint and Roto role
- Having expertise in working with software - Nuke, Photoshop.
- Using 3D cameras for projections
- Planar and point tracking software experience
- Prior knowledge of a Linux based operating system
- A general understanding of the VFX production and comp workflows
- A knowledge of photography, lenses and practical lighting
- A working knowledge of Roto is an added advantage
- Able to use expressions within Nuke to help aid paint work
- Have an understanding of the 3D environment within Nuke, being able to use geo data to project clean plates and understanding how to use UV projections
- 3D Maya interface experience
- Have an understanding of Python scripting and how to use this to create and edit Framestore gizmos
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.