Previs Animator - Episodic
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Previs Animators work with the Leads and Supervisors to design and create shots for complex action sequences. We are looking for talented Animators/Shot Creators, capable of working in a fast-moving environment and with a proven track record in high-end VFX and/or high-end Previs. Skills in layout, timing and great cinematography are essential, as well as excellent communication skills.
Working from storyboards and/or written scripts, you will create shots within Maya in order to build a sequence which will be used to inform a live action shoot. You will therefore be tasked with creating the look of the shots as well as developing the performance and staging of the characters/creatures.
- Referencing and importing assets into Maya
- Motion studies of key assets, animation cycles, body mechanics, performance with a realistic style, keyframe posing - all finished to a high level
- Scene layout with asset environments, position and timing of assets and camera layout
- Animating character rigs, camera rigs and basic fx animation
Pré-requis du poste
- Comprehensive knowledge of animation in Maya
- Strong sense of cinematic composition and lighting, including lensing knowledge.
- Strong character animation (timing and performance).
- Camera animation.
- Knowledge of cinematic language and technical terminology.
- Able to work with motion and/or performance capture data.
- Able to take and interpret creative direction.
- Adaptable and accepting of creative change throughout a project.
- Understand shooting methodology and can apply to shot creation.
- Understand the fundamentals of techvis and Virtual Production.
- Able to apply shooting methodology information to Previs to create technical solutions for production.
- Able to solve and design solutions to on set needs.
- Can translate CG cameras and animation to apply to real life situations.
- Able to work with motion blur and lighting in Maya in order to create mood and atmosphere within a playblast.
- Understanding of physical limits in real-world cinematography
- Ability to visualise shots and understand screen direction
- Experience of virtual camera systems
- Knowledge of geometry caching
- Basic particle animation skills a plus
- Team orientated and able to take direction from Supervisor
- Adaptable and flexible - accepting of changes
- Generalist modelling/rigging skills are desirable