Senior Pipeline Technical Director
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Framestore's LA office is looking for a Senior Pipeline Technical Director to work in the global pipeline team, supporting a broad range of live-action and computer generated projects with a variety of digital content including theme park rides, commercials, brand work, episodic, immersive and features.
The Senior Pipeline Technical Director is responsible for writing and maintaining pipeline tools and will work closely with the Global Head of Pipeline, CG Supervisors, and department leads. They will also provide mentorship to more junior pipeline TD's in the LA office.
The role has a dual focus, both short term problem solving and longer term planning. They will be the first point of call for the project leadership teams as pipeline issues arise on projects, as well as take part in longer term strategic planning of the global pipeline tools for the company.
This is a staff role with benefits, and relocation will be provided for the right candidate.
- Writing pipeline tools and further developing the pipeline for use across Framestore projects
- Leading other pipeline TD's work, providing guidance and oversight with the development of their tools
- When high level issues arise with the pipeline on projects be the first person to troubleshoot and resolve
- Working in collaboration with the CG Supervisor and end users to determine the best solutions
- Once a solution has been agreed then ensure that it addresses end user and show requirements as briefed
- Maintaining of tools including troubleshooting and optimisation
- Thorough documentation of all development and updating as necessary
- Ongoing research to recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity or communication
Pré-requis du poste
- Excellent Python, Maya and Linux skills
- Experience developing for a 3D application such as Maya or Houdini
- Leadership and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- The ability to prioritise production needs and tasks
- Detail orientated with a strong ability to multi-task
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting through to compositing
- A general understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
- Experience developing for other applications such as Nuke
- Visual effects production experience
- A degree in Computer Science
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.