Technical Artist - Immersive
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Framestore is a world leader in visual effects and animation across Film, TV, Advertising and Immersive. Having won multiple industry awards for our work, Framestore is now looking to bring the same level of excellence to our real-time Engine capabilities.
Technical Artists are responsible for working alongside developers and artists in devising and implementing both internal prototypes, and delivering high-quality products and projects for both IP and brand clients across a range of mediums; VR, AR, real-time animation and other exciting platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of art and animation pipelines in addition to the content creation pipeline in Unreal.
- Work with the CG Lead, Tech Art Supervisor or Lead Developer to design interactive experiences using (predominantly) Unreal.
- Material Creation - Design complex materials in Unreal and instruct artists on best practices for material creation.
- Lighting - Be well versed in the various lighting techniques in Unreal and instruct the artists in lighting best practices.
- Optimisation - Optimise content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modelling and texturing best practices.
- Collaborate with programmers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during R&D phases.
- A demonstrable level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instinct
Pré-requis du poste
Required Skills / Experience
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Unity is also useful
- Advance experience of Unreal's Blueprints system.
- Advanced experience with Maya and or Houdini
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter.
- Experience with VR/AR authoring in Unreal
- Maya Rigging experience.
- Shader programming experience.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing
- Extremely organised with excellent attention to detail
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to solve problems as they arise and remain calm in high-pressure situations