Description de l'offre d'emploi
Framestore creates award-winning work for the entertainment, television, film and advertising industries. Our Immersive team expands our capabilities by using game engines such as Unreal Engine and Unity to create content across new platforms such as virtual, augmented and mixed reality, as well as innovative large-format displays; and new venues such as themed entertainment, rides, and experiential attractions.
Framestore is looking for a Technical Artist to join the Immersive team. Technical Artists are responsible for working alongside developers and artists in devising and implementing both internal prototypes, and delivering high-quality products and projects for both IP and brand clients across a range of mediums; VR, AR, real-time animation, large format displays, and other exciting platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of art and animation pipelines in addition to the content creation pipeline in Unreal Engine and/or Unity.
- Work with the Art Lead and Lead Developer to design interactive experiences using (predominantly) Unreal.
- Material Creation - Design complex materials in engine and instruct artists on best practices for material creation.
- Lighting - Be well versed in the various lighting techniques in Unreal and instruct the artists in lighting best practices.
- Optimization - Optimize content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modelling and texturing best practices.
- Collaborate with programmers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during R&D phases.
- A demonstrable level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instinct.
Pré-requis du poste
- Experience working with Unreal Engine and/or Unity.
- Experience with Unreal's Blueprint system.
- Experience authoring shader graphs in Unreal/Unity.
- Advanced experience with Maya and Houdini.
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter.
- Shader programming experience.
- Highly committed, able to work independently and within a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing.
- Extremely organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to solve problems as they arise and remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Must have valid US work authorization
- Good knowledge of interactive tools such as Touch Designer, Processing etc.
- Animation and rigging experience with an understanding of their technical constraints.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with XR platforms.
- Experience working with real time graphics on large format displays
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.