2D Animator - Design
Our Design team is looking for 2D Cel Animators with experience animating Characters in 2D. The successful candidate will be part of a big team of animators, working remotely on a show which will run for 3-6 months. Due to the secure nature of the show candidates will need to connect to our network. We're therefore looking for candidates based in the UK and EU who will be able to do so.
The successful candidate will be well able to take direction, but also drive ideas and use their own initiative to execute the animation. You will work closely with the Art Director and Lead Designer of the show, and you will take feedback and amend animation accordingly , working to tight deadlines.
- Working closely with the show Lead Designer and Art Director to execute high quality animation which creates compelling, story-driven moments that fit within the style of the project
- Animating both primary and secondary characters and 2d elements dispersed within the show
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Ongoing communication, attending dailies with production and leads
- Submitting shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback when required
- Previous experience in a similar role, specifically character animation
- Excellent working knowledge of 2D animation, using software such as tv paint, toonboom and photoshop
- Character design experience
- A passion for 2D animation and its unique skill
- An understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form
- A strong eye for design and characters is essential
- Knowledge of After Effects and Adobe suite.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, to work as a unified team and accept critique from both colleagues and clients.
- Willingness to contribute and convey ideas
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.