Animation Supervisor - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
We're looking for a creative, talented Animation Supervisor to join our team working across Episodic Television, Advertising and Immersive projects involving some incredible creatures and characters.
The Animation Supervisor will be responsible for the overall quality of the animation on projects, for keeping on brief and for delivering consistent performances by assigning, or casting, the appropriate Animators.
- Collaborate with the Heads of CG to recruit, train and mentor a team of Animators
- Provide examples and benchmarks for the animation team to work to
- Work closely with the Animation Lead to ensure the team are producing high quality animation that fits within the style and pacing of the project
- Take responsibility for the quality of work across the team
- Work with rigging and pipeline to provide suggestions and feedback in order to improve character setup, visual quality, rigs and tool functionality
- Work with the Animation Lead to ensure ongoing communication with Production regarding the team's progress towards the schedule
- Overall responsibility for meeting show milestones and deadlines
- Attend client reviews and lead daily reviews with the animation team
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technologies
- Previous experience supervising/leading a team
- A thorough knowledge of Maya
- A strong grasp of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form
- A demonstrable understanding of rigs and typical rigging set-ups, animation pipelines and transferring data between tools
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills
- Previous experience with character and dialogue performance
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Reliable, with good timekeeping and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisation, communication, interpersonal, and management skills
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.