Framestore Melbourne is recruiting an Animator for our upcoming 2023 shows. Reporting to the Head of Animation, the Animator will work within the team to provide high-quality animation for a variety of projects.
- Work with the Animation Supervisor, Animation Lead and other animators, as well as Production staff to provide animated rendered sequences as required by the project
- Animate in various styles (creatures, realistic humans, motion capture, vehicles, etc.) as required by projects
- Work with animation software (Maya) for visual effects intensive projects
- Investigate and keep up to date on new and competing software packages and technology
- Communicate regularly with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots
- Submit shots for review and follow through with notes as required
- 2-3 years of experience in character and creature animation, preferably on high end VFX projects
- High level of proficiency with industry standard software such as Maya in a production environment
- Excellent sense for physically based motion and understanding of animation principles
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of Python (and/or Mel)
In addition, experience of any of the following is highly desirable:
- Experience with live action, motion capture and key frame animation
- Experience with Nuke
- Previous experience in Linux
If this sounds like a fit, we'd love to hear from you!
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.