Method Studios’ film and episodic teams are integrating with Framestore as part of an exciting plan to offer innovative, best-in-class visual effects animation from four continents. Method’s Montreal, Melbourne and Vancouver studios are in the process of being integrated with Framestore, and we hope to have this work fully completed by March 2022. For the time-being your contract and recruitment contact will depend on which studio you apply for, but wherever you are based we look forward to welcoming you to the Framestore family.
Method Studios Melbourne is recruiting an Artist Manager/Recruiter to work with digital artists to manage their career including performance, development and ongoing opportunities within the studio. This role will also be responsible for managing the entire recruitment cycle for certain departments.
- Provide leadership and advocacy for the Artists, including representing the group and individual needs to production & studio management, supporting career development, and ensuring resources are provided
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the department; take steps to ensure that Artists feel connected to the studio
- Ensure Artists receive clear and regular performance feedback, providing positive recognition as well as addressing areas for improvement and development
- Conduct formal performance reviews for all Artists, with input from supervisors and production management
- Identify training needs and skills gaps and where possible organise the appropriate training sessions for staff
- Ensure contract management is carried out in a timely manner, and that Artists are kept abreast of the forecasted needs where possible
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members to establish confidence and trust
- Communicate related Company plans and objectives back to the Artists
- Escalate any HR issues to head of department and HR team
- Work with production on upcoming recruitment needs
- Screen potential candidates and then send their showreels to department heads for review
- Alongside department heads, conduct artists interviews
- Manage offer process, contracts and onboarding alongside the Operations Manager
- Manage visa application process for new hires and contract extensions of existing artists
- Previous experience managing a team or teams of people in a creative or production environment
- Previous experience working in the Animation or Visual Effects industry with direct involvement in hiring, onboarding, managing Artists
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels; ability to empathise and resolve conflicts
- Experience in managing the annual performance and compensation reviews, contract renewals, salary negotiations and promotions
- Experience providing feedback and constructive criticism in a respectful and effective manner within a professional setting
- Previous experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders and balancing differing priorities
- Flexible approach and willingness to get involved and support other team members when necessary
If this sounds like a fit, we'd love to hear from you!
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.