Assistant Technical Director - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
Our London team is looking for an Assistant Technical Director to join us working across Advertising, Episodic Television and Immersive projects. The Assistant Technical Director (ATD) reports to the CG Supervisor and may perform a diverse series of technical support and engineering functions in order to ensure the smooth running of projects.
- Supporting or troubleshooting the pipeline and workflow tools
- Providing in-person technical assistance to people in creative departments such as Animation
- Managing data on a large networked file system
- Managing computer resources according to production departments
- Developing scripts and solutions to specific project-related challenges
- A background in Computer Science, Digital Art or a similar related field
- A strong knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of Maya, Houdini and Nuke.
- Previous experience of Python and shell scripting
- Previous experience in visual effects, CG animation or video game production
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Experience in unreal/real time engines is useful but not essential
- Experience with a variety of commercial graphics applications.
- VEX and MEL knowledge is a plus