Framestore’s LA studio in Culver City is expanding our staff CG team, and are looking for an experienced CG Supervisor to join our busy facility working across a diverse range and high-end creative content.
The CG Supervisor will report to the Head of CG in the LA office, working closely with the other CG Supervisors in the office taking a leadership role in the CG team, working across a variety of content, including theme park rides, commercials, brand work, episodic, immersive, and features.
The CG Supervisor will supervise the CG elements of their own projects, manage the CG teams, as well as work on shots on other projects as required. This role has a particular emphasis on finding, mentoring, and training junior CG artists. The CG Supervisor will work with the talent team on both freelance recruitment and the Launchpad internship scheme for the LA office to keep up the flow of junior talent into the CG team, and ensure career roadmaps are established and followed.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits and working on a hybrid work model with some days in office and some days remote, ideal candidates will be based locally in Los Angeles, but open to discussing a fully remote agreement for the right individual.
- Working on bidding, pitching and winning projects working with the creative team, often taking part in client meetings.
- Supervising technical aspects of 3D VFX projects.
- Working closely with the production team on planning CG projects
- Shot look development for complex CG shots and sequences.
- Leading a team of CG artists during the shot production phase.
- Working on shots of a high level of complexity; this role will also involve hands on shot production work on both your and at time other CG Supervisor's projects when needed.
- Working closely with the 2D team throughout the project, with a focus on creating the highest quality images in the most efficient way possible, taking into account the creative, budget and time considerations of each project.
- Troubleshooting projects when they are challenged, working with the producers and supervisors to deliver projects on time and with high quality CG.
- Managing and mentoring CG artists performance, working closely with the Head of CG in the LA office in longer term team planning particularly for the junior artists.
- Working with the crew manager, develop a strong internship program in LA. Select, plan, mentor and train interns with a view to hiring the best junior talent into the office each year.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of VFX pipelines, production and workflows.
- A strong sense of aesthetic and the desire to push boundaries.
- 8+ years experience in VFX across a wide variety of content including film, advertising, episodic and commercials
- Experience in shot look development
- Advanced knowledge of lighting techniques
- A track record in managing and mentoring teams of artists
- Solid knowledge of all other disciplines within VFX, including modeling and UV mapping, texturing, camera tracking and FX.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must be a creative problem solver and have good attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure & meet deadlines whilst maintaining high quality results
- VFX industry experience of 8+ years
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- A collaborative work ethic.
- Experienced in Maya and Houdini
- Extensive knowledge of rendering packages, such as Arnold, V-ray and Mantra
- Well versed in Nuke
- Knowledge of Mel and/or Python Scripting
- Strong understanding of linux \ unix based operating systems
- Experience in teaching and mentoring junior CG artists
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.