CG Supervisor - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
Framestore’s London office is expanding our Supervisory team and is looking for experienced CG Supervisors to join our busy facility working across a diverse range and high-end creative content within Television, Immersive and Advertising. The initial shows will focus on Advertising projects.
The CG Supervisor will report to the Heads of CG, working closely with the other Supervisors taking a leadership role in the CG team. The CG Supervisor will supervise the CG elements of their own projects, manage the CG teams, as well as work on shots on other projects as required.
- Working on bidding, pitching and winning projects working with the creative team, often taking part in client meetings.
- Supervising technical aspects of VFX projects, including on set supervision, when required.
- Working closely with the production team on planning CG projects
- Shot look development for complex CG shots and sequences.
- Leading a team of CG artists during the shot production phase.
- Working on shots of a high level of complexity; this role will also involve hands on shot production work on both your and at time other CG Supervisor's projects when needed.
- Working closely with the 2D team throughout the project, with a focus on creating the highest quality images in the most efficient way possible, taking into account the creative, budget and time considerations of each project.
- Troubleshooting projects when they are challenged, working with the producers and supervisors to deliver projects on time and with high quality CG.
- Managing and mentoring CG artists performance, working closely with the Heads of CG
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of VFX pipelines, production and workflows.
- A strong sense of aesthetic and the desire to push boundaries.
- 8+ years experience in VFX across a wide variety of content including film, advertising, episodic and commercials
- Experience in shot look development
- Advanced knowledge of lighting techniques
- A track record in managing and mentoring teams of artists
- Solid knowledge of all other disciplines within VFX, including modelling and UV mapping, texturing, camera tracking and FX.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Must be a creative problem solver and have good attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure & meet deadlines whilst maintaining high quality results
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- A collaborative work ethic.
- Experienced in Maya and Houdini
- Extensive knowledge of rendering packages, such as Arnold, V-ray and Mantra
- Well versed in Nuke
- Knowledge of Mel and/or Python Scripting
- Strong understanding of linux \ unix based operating systems
- Experience in teaching and mentoring junior CG artists