Lead Creature FX TD
Creature FX Technical Directors are responsible for providing a wide variety of dynamic simulations for character-based work; including clothing, hair, muscle and skin as well as any post simulation sculpting and finaling.
Hear from one of our current CFX artists here
- Lead and mentor a team.
- Create simulation rigs for characters and creatures using Maya, nCloth, nHair and additional 3rd party and proprietary tools.
- Execute shots using simulation rigs and the delivery of finished assets to the Lighting department.
- Liaise with other departments involved in the creature workflow - Modelling, Rigging, Animation, Lighting and Groom.
- Be involved in the development of departmental tools and techniques.
- Meet schedules and deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standards.
- Present work for review to leads, supervisors, clients etc. Follow through with notes and feedback as required.
- Have ongoing communication with production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience on CG creature projects
- A thorough knowledge of Maya
- Experience with some of the following types of dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle
- Experience of creating simulation rigs and setups for shows
- Good problem solving skills
- An appreciation of both the aesthetic and technical requirements of the role
- A good eye for detail
- A strong work ethic, and a willingness to be involved in both development and shot execution
- The ability to work as part of a team in a challenging and deadline orientated environment
- A good understanding of pipeline and workflow issues
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to liaise across departments
- Programming/scripting experience.
- Modelling and Rigging skills and experience.
- A good understanding of Maya constraints and deformers.
- Experience of working under a Unix/Linux systems environment.
Possesses a good eye, able to look at reference material and understand how to apply that within a simulation environment.
Good understanding of anatomy, human and animal.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.