The Compositing Supervisor plays a key role in driving the overall direction of the 2D department in the production of a Visual effect. He/she will be responsible for the quality control of the compositing work, ensures that project-specific requirements are met and that the general objectives set by Framestore are achieved.
The compositing Supervisor manages the compositing team assigns to a project, ensures the quality of the work and contributes to the development of the compositing pipeline. In addition to managing the project as a whole, the Compositing Supervisor also monitors each shot. To do so, the Compositing Supervisor works closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor, CG Supervisor, and the Producer.
The overall aim for the Compositing Supervisor is to build and lead a team that is motivated and enthusiastic, who will create extraordinary images and take advantage of the production environment to gain experience.
- Work closely with production to bid and schedule work
- Direct task to junior/mid/senior level artist and crew shots appropriately to their level of expertise
- Take responsibility for the quality of the work of the team as a whole
- Work proactively and collaboratively with all other VFX and support departments
- Attend client reviews and lead daily reviews with the Compositing team
- Balance the creative and technical aspects of each shot/sequence
- Solve any difficult technical and artistic compositing challenges of a shot or sequence
- Take a leadership role in guiding the longer-term goals of the 2D department, covering both building up a team of Compositors as well as 2D pipeline development, including taking into account stereoscopic projects
- On set VFX supervision for (but not limited to) 2D based projects
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Excellent communication skills (with immediate team and other departments of the visual effect pipeline)
- Deep understanding of film VFX processes and pipeline
- Knowledge and experience in stereoscopic projects - native and post stereo
- Knowledge of OCIO
- Several years experience in Compositing predominantly in film or TV and commercials
- Expert user of Nuke plus other compositing software
- Critical eye for detail and a beautiful compositing showreel
- Able to work well under pressure
- Proven artist management and leadership skills
- Highly organized
- Lighting photography core skills
- On set VFX supervision experience
- Python or TCL programming skills
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favorable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.