Framestore Melbourne is recruiting experienced Compositors to seamlessly integrate all elements and layers of a shot, whether live action or computer generated. This position is open to remote candidates.
- Working in collaboration with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
- Taking briefs and direction from Lead Compositors and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- Working with a good knowledge of colour space principles
- A strong understanding of contemporary compositing techniques
- Demonstrated talent for the seamless integration of live action and CG source
- A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
- Work within a production pipeline and display strong creative approaches and problem solving
- Fluent in Nuke and/or other node-based compositing software
- A critical eye for detail composition, colour and lighting
- Ability to consistently produce work of a high standard and be able to accept and enact feedback
- Flexible and able to work within timelines – ability to reasonably estimate time and evaluate scope for jobs
- Ability to quickly interpret supervisors briefs and devise effective solutions
If this sounds like a fit, we'd love to hear from you!
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.