Creative Director - Immersive
Framestore New York is looking for a Creative Director (CD) to drive the artistic and creative vision within the Immersive / Realtime Content Studio.
The Creative Director (Immersive) is a senior leadership role in Framestore’s US offices, not only leading the creative supervision of immersive projects, but also taking a broader senior management role within Framestore’s creative group, with a focus on continuing to lead the direction of the business into new technology areas such as Extended Reality (XR), and other experiential/immersive applications.
The CD will be engaged in new business development, immersive projects, staff management and hiring, global and local marketing, intercompany communication, and mentoring other senior creatives and artists, particularly inspiring senior creatives in the US across the latest technological developments available to us when creating content.
At the heart of this role is an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong predictive sense in the future possibilities of technology and storytelling, superior client handling and presentation skills, and a commitment towards making Framestore a leading studio in the creative industries.
- Work with sales and business development teams to identify new partners, clients and projects for Framestore to pursue in new realms outside the traditional core work.
- Taking a significant role in the entire project pitch cycle, from initial client brief, ideation, pitching and securing work across all areas of the business.
- Help lead initial project set up, making overall decisions about how to undertake technically demanding projects and how to staff projects to deliver at the highest standard as well as with a healthy margin.
- Creative Direction of specific projects, taking on the responsibility for the project partnering with a producer, tech lead, etc on client communications, and managing and/or providing guidance to the internal creative, artist and technical team.
- Working closely with our partners and/or client(s) to ensure that their strategy/vision is met.
- In some cases, working with the technical and VFX artist team, developing tools, methodologies and workflows ensuring best possible practice and delivery of highest quality images as possible
- Mentor and manage creative staff at all levels, providing guidance on projects and offering advice and feedback both creatively and technically, as well as giving leadership support
- Working with management in each office to focus on staff retention and succession plans for key senior creative roles
- Involvement in hiring key creative personnel particularly in the new technology areas, taking part in hiring panels and recruitment decisions
- Maintaining knowledge and relationships with key technology partners and clients in related areas.
- Involvement with the global new technology teams, working closely with all creatives and technicians involved in pushing the technical and creative boundaries across the company
- Proven world leader in new technology projects, with a broad curiosity and passion for telling stories in new ways and pushing the boundaries of technology
- Superior new business and client management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate a strategic brief into a creative execution that delivers on client goals, high quality standards, and advances Framestore’s portfolio.
- A portfolio of your own creative work, including directing experience
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills across all levels, strong communication and problem solving skills
- Strong creative and technical eye for traditional and non traditional digital production
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment whilst juggling multiple projects
- Ability to work within and inspire a team and also under own initiative
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong time management & organization skills
- Experience at a high level of broader company areas, including marketing, sales + recruitment
- Experience with staff management including hiring, reviews and providing consistent and constructive feedback
- A genuine passion for sales and desire to attract the best projects and clients to the business
- A genuine belief in the global network of offices and working in an effective and results oriented collaborative way across the US network
- Experience and understanding of visual effects, animation and/or gaming pipelines and workflows is preferred.
- Experience working in game-engine based workflows (Unity or Unreal Engine) is preferred.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.