Creative Director / VFX Supervisor
Framestore New York is looking for a Creative Director / VFX Supervisor (CD) to drive the artistic and creative vision across work within our Integrated Advertising division.
The CD is involved in the creative and technical leadership of projects at Framestore across all areas of the business, including animation, VR, Design and Digital. Our CD's need to have an entrepreneurial spirit, superior client handling skills, and be accustomed to ideation of concepts throughout the entire pitch cycle, and have a passion for producing the most stunning and technically advanced visual work there is.
Key to the success of the role is a broader commitment to the success of the company, a genuine willingness to contribute where needed in a wide variety of roles on all projects, and leadership skills to inspire and mentor the next generation of artists.
- Superior creative problem solving skills both artistically and creatively, pushing the quality of Framestore's creative work on every project and maintaining the standard of work we produce.
- Providing creative advice and involvement in challenging projects that require additional management support.
- Infectious passion for keeping up-to-date with state of the art VFX, VR + digital technology
- Taking a significant role in the entire project pitch cycle, from initial client brief, ideation, pitching and securing work across all areas of the business.
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Creative direction and supervision of specific projects, taking on full responsibility partnered with a producer,including client communication and managing the internal creative and artist team
- At times directing own projects from live action through to VFX and animation.
- On set shoot supervision, ensuring everything is shot appropriately for the project's needs.
- Working closely with the client(s) to ensure that their vision is met, constantly improving on client's ideas
- Working with the VFX artist team, developing tools, methodologies and workflows ensuring best possible practice and delivery of highest quality images as possible
- Work closely with all departments on pipeline improvements and developments
- Working alongside HOP, HODs and management to find ways to execute projects within budget and schedule
- Working with the Production Department on project management; providing feedback on production schedules, crewing, and working with the teams to deliver projects on time and budget
- Mentorship of the next generation of artists by nurturing, guiding, and leading by example
- Involvement in hiring key creative personnel locally, taking part in hiring panels and recruitment decisions
Proven world leader in new technology projects, with a broad curiosity and passion for telling stories in new ways and pushing the boundaries of technology
- Extensive experience and understanding of traditional visual effects for film and commercials, including recent supervision experience both studio-based and on location
- Superior new business and client management skills
- A portfolio of your own creative work, including directing experience
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills across all levels, strong communication and problem solving skills
- Strong creative and technical eye for traditional and non traditional digital production
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment whilst juggling multiple projects
- Ability to work within and inspire a team and also under own initiative
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis
- Strong time management & organization skills
- Experience at a high level of broader company areas, including marketing, sales + recruitment
- Experience with staff management including hiring, reviews and providing consistent and constructive feedback
- A genuine passion for sales and desire to attract the best projects and clients to the business
- A genuine belief in the global network of offices and working in an effective and results oriented collaborative way across the US network
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.