Framestore's Design Studio is a multi-talented team of directors, designers and artists creating beautiful images for all platforms. They are highly adaptable and can work across all stages of a project from conception and storyboarding to production, art direction, direction, motion graphics and visual effects.
The Design Producer is responsible for managing our clients, budgets and internal crew, bidding and negotiating for new projects and working with the creative and business management teams on new business developments. The Design Producer must be accustomed to working with the ever evolving demands of projects, having the ability to navigate the inevitable curveballs, and the ability to adapt and lead their team regardless of directional changes.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position will eventually require working onsite in our Chicago studio.
- Setting up and managing all aspects of a project from inception through to delivery, allowing the designers to focus on the design work
- Work with the team to kick off projects, gather requirements, manage time-lines, feedback revisions and deal with deliverables
- Enable the design team to work efficiently and meet client needs by ensuring:
- The deliverables of the project are clear and defined
- The deadline is realistic based upon resources
- Required assets are available
- Performance manage a team of core and freelance design staff
- Monitor and report on schedule, cost and margins to ensure that we maintain profitability
- Proactively identify upcoming conflicts and resource gaps and liaise with the relevant support departments as appropriate
- Serve as primary interface with the client
- Attend cross-discipline production meetings as representative of Design with a view to understanding where the team could add value to other projects within the Integrated Advertising division
- Work with the creative and business management teams to actively create and develop new business opportunities for the Design team
- At least 3+ years of experience in a production role (advertising, digital, VFX, broadcast, agency etc.)
- Flexibility in approach
- A desire to continually learn and develop new skills
- Highly organised with first-class time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client and crew management skills
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team towards a common goal
- Ability to manage multiple projects across several clients with varying deadlines and deliverables
- Previous experience bidding or producing design projects
- Knowledge of/with Adobe CS products
- Knowledge of 3D computer graphics, Maya and/or visual effects
- An education in or previous experience within design
- Existing industry contacts
- Must have valid US work authorization
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.