DMP Artist - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
We are looking for a DMP Artist to join our London team to work on amazing projects across Advertising, Television and Immersive. This position will start out on an amazing Episodic show.
Digital Matte Painters are responsible for painting photo real environments, elements and textures for matching into live action plates or to stand on their own as DMP plates. Digital matte paintings may also be used in a 3D environment and may be mapped onto 3D objects.
A strong understanding and sympathy for real world materials and lighting is essential. DMP artists will work closely with the Modelling and Shading departments and therefore must have a basic knowledge of the practices of each of these disciplines.
- Able to create photo-realistic digital matte paintings
- Assist with and develop the look of a shot/sequence in liaison with the supervision team
- Work alongside the production team to establish schedules and technical requirements
- Work in partnership with Shader Developers, Lighting TDs and Compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- Work closely with the VFX Supervisor to ensure that the plates meet planned concept design requirements
- Seek out and build own photographic reference material
- Stay on schedule and meet set deadlines while maintaining the highest standards
- Communicate regularly with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Share techniques, reference materials and ideas with the team
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A thorough working knowledge of Photoshop and an understanding of Nuke and Maya
- Previous experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong artistic skills
- Experience with 2.5 D
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process
- Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, a good sense of composition and an understanding of different out-put requirements
- Creative problem solving skills
- Knowledge of 3D modelling and rendering programmes
- An understanding of 2D compositing software
- A traditional arts background with an emphasis on photo-realistic work and environments
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.