Engine Buildmaster (Devops)
Framestore is a world leader in visual effects and animation across Film, TV, Commercials and Immersive. Having won multiple industry awards for our work, Framestore is now looking to bring the same level of excellence to our real-time Engine capabilities.
Framestore is looking for a Buildmaster to join our London Engine team that is like minded in seeking to push the boundaries of what is possible with realtime technologies in a Devops role.
The London Engine team is responsible for delivering high-quality products and projects internally, in addition to IP and brand clients across a range of mediums; VR, AR, Film, Virtual Production, real-time animation and other exciting platforms.
This role would be reporting to the Engine Tech Lead and working closely with the Systems Architect to handle source control, build automation, deployment automation, daily builds, spin-up of new projects. You will help to build infrastructure as code for real-time projects and support the live systems. The software you write will deliver a robust, efficient, and secure infrastructure for the development team. We are looking for someone with strong technical skills, autonomy and a good problem solving mindset.
- Implement and maintain a robust continuous integration pipeline for Unreal Engine projects and software components
- Authoring and maintaining configuration management for servers and workstations
- Empower the development team by automating time-consuming or error-prone tasks
- Develop low maintenance solutions to efficiently scale across multiple relatively small projects
- Work with the Teach Lead to design the setup of automation build management tools
- Design and deliver solutions for deploying Unreal Engine builds for different shows, locations and teams
- Proficient with continuous integration systems, in particular Jenkins and Groovy based pipelines
- Expertise in cross-platform build systems in Linux and Windows
- Experience with cloud platforms and containers
- Familiarity with branching strategies and how they relate with SDLC
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine a must
- Experience administering a source control system, Perforce preferably
- Windows System Administrator knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
Nice to Have
- Experience with games or VFX pipelines for software and assets
- Experience creating user interfaces for tools
- Knowledge of Unity
- Knowledge of C++, C#, and Python