The Head of Production is a key part of the local management team in Mumbai. The overall purpose of the role is to manage production of all work through the facility and to run the production team.
● Responsible for recruitment and daily management of local VFX Production team.
● Appraisals of all local production staff.
● To assess local production needs, allocating relevant production teams to each project.
● Joint responsibility for monitoring production tools and workflows, especially as they pertain to multisite working, and collaborating on their development with global counterparts.
● Responsibility for the continued mentoring and support of the Mumbai production team.
● Key point of contact for issues arising in Mumbai productions, escalating issues and recommendations to Head of Studio, Global Head of Production and global counterparts where needed.
Executive VFX Production
· To maintain an overview of the schedules for all local work, ensuring projects are completed to highest standard achievable.
· To meet regularly with local production teams to accurately track as well as monitor project goals and progress and ensure that they are meeting agreed targets.
· To accurately track and monitor efficiency in meeting targets.
· To oversee liaison with other Framestore locations in relevant areas of responsibility as needed.
● To work alongside the Head of Resourcing to assess crewing needs for all VFX projects in line with global counterparts.
● To liaise with Resources team and other key support departments as needed, both locally and globally.
● To act as local ambassador for Framestore and promote a professional, creative and vibrant environment to the local VFX and film community.
Essential Skills :
· Previous experience and track record of 12+ years, preferably in the VFX space.
· Previous experience of at least 2 years in an executive producer or head of production position with a multi-site global studio.
· A proven ability to establish good relationships locally and internationally and an understanding of how to build a successful team.
· Extensive experience with team management including mentoring and coaching.
· Able to use own initiative to solve problems/remove obstacles.
· Able to bring multiple tasks or priorities to completion simultaneously, demonstrating excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Confident with written and spoken English.
· Understanding and experience of using Shotgun.