Reporting directly to the Head of Human Resources, the main responsibilities of the HR Advisor are to provide generalist HR expertise and support the Montreal office. The HR Advisor will also participate in the creation and implementation of local and global projects.
- Create, adapt, and review HR policies as required;
- Develop strong working relationships with managers and employees to support the completion of HR programs and processes;
- Provide support to employees as well as to management teams on providing the best possible advice;
- Manage employee relations by coaching managers as well as employees on any issue by helping resolve any difficult situation;
- Assist managers with all performance difficulties, disciplinary and attendance procedures. Prepare summaries and recommendations;
- Analyze development needs and deliver training plans and programs for managers and employees;
- Assist with annual appraisals for more sensitive cases;
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees. Prepare analysis report of data to Management;
- Responsible of some HR initiatives/projects (ie: Framestore Connect, Onboarding process);
- Local HRIS Super User (Training of admin users, developing how to guides);
- In charge of doing some reporting (ie: Holiday allowance, global remuneration, KPI’s, etc.);
- Support the immigration team for any HR matters;
- Expert on Quebec employment legislation; providing information and advice on local practices to managers.
- Proven experience in a similar role in both small and large-sized companies;
- Strong knowledge of local laws and legislation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (French and English);
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, HR database;
- CPHR (CRHA) certification (an asset);
- Ability to manage projects from beginning to end;
- Well-organised with strengths in prioritizing, time management, forward planning, and attention to detail;
- Strong confidence in building relationships and dealing with all levels of staff and management;
- Deep understanding of all HR documentation and confident delivery of information listed above;
- Diplomatic with the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Works well under pressure while maintaining accuracy and efficiency in his/her work;
- Flexible attitude in order to achieve results;
- Proactive in problem solving.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.