HR Payroll and Benefits Advisor
The HR Advisor works in partnership with the Head of Human Resources to provide an efficient and effective HR, Payroll and Benefits Service to the Mumbai office.
Reports To Head of Human Resources, Mumbai
- Managing the new starter process for the Mumbai Office – Offer Letters, contracts, new joiner emails, setting up logins for new starters and running through the HR system with them, and collating all new starter paperwork for payroll and employee file purposes.
- Undertake first day induction with new employees.
- Providing advice and answering queries on HR systems usage from employees and Managers.
- Ensuring HR systems and HR databases are kept up to date, and maintained with the latest employee information.
- Managing leaver process.
- Provide advice to employees and Managers on HR Policies and Processes
- Oversee and manage all aspects of payroll and its processing for approximately 100 Mumbai based employees (this will rise to c200 employees in the coming months).
- Proactive tracking of payroll variables such as promotions, salary adjustments, exits, etc, seeking necessary authorisations as appropriate.
- Work with an outsourced payroll company to administer monthly payroll within the specified deadlines.
- Following up with managers in the business, Head of HR and the payroll company on any anomalies or discrepancies.
- Coordinate with the payroll vendor on statutory payments such as PF, ESIC, TDS, etc.
- Maintain payroll database, generate payroll reports, etc.
- Checking the accuracy of payroll output pre-commit each month, liaising with the payroll vendor as needed to ensure that payroll is processed correctly.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all employees and answering all queries relating to tax, pay anomalies, benefits payments, adhoc payments etc.
- Ensure communication channels are maintained between Framestore and the payroll company.
- Liaison with the Insurance provider/ Broker on ensuring all employees are covered under Group Insurance.
- Manage end to end Insurance and other employee benefits administration.
- In partnership with Head of HR and other members of the HR team, ensure the company offers comprehensive, relevant and creative benefits provisions, which fit well with our business and employees.
- Reconciling vendor invoices, obtaining authorisation as necessary.
- Work with the Head of HR and other members of the HR team on wider company initiatives and projects.
- Other duties as required and requested
Head of Human Resources, Global HR Director, Local Managing Director, other members of the HR team, Recruitment team, Resourcing team, Managers, Employees.
Knowledge & Experience
- Degree and /or Business qualification in HRM
- Previous experience of working in a busy HR generalist role for 5 years and above.
- Previous experience of managing payroll and benefits.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Advanced level MS Word and MS Excel.
- Previous experience of HR systems.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- High level of financial acumen and numeracy.
- Self-sufficient and a self-starter with a passion for working with people and delivering exceptional customer service
- Well organised, able to prioritise and with great attention to detail;
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work under pressure, while maintaining accuracy and efficiency;
- Proactive in problem-solving;
- Customer focused;
- Ability to work with members of the team, sharing information and working collaboratively to achieve team objectives.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous work experience within visual effects.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.