Junior CG Artist
Framestore is looking for a staff Junior CG Artist to join our Los Angeles studio working across a diverse range of projects within our Integrated Advertising division.
The Junior CG Artist role requires a broad knowledge and experience of the entire 3D pipeline, with a focus on lighting and scene assembly being preferred. This is an entry level position suitable for a graduate with minimal work experience interested in working on a broad range of tasks in a CG team. It will suit an artist who is keen to stay focused on the asset and lighting and look development side of CG, rather than in animation.
It is a great way for a junior artist to have exposure to a wide variety of skills in the CG pipeline in order to further refine their generalist CG skills, before potentially specialising in the future.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position will eventually require at least some onsite work in our Culver City studio.
- CG scene assembly including the correct assets from applicable departments
- Lighting shots as briefed by the Visual Effects/CG Supervisor or Sequence Lead
- Creating efficient rendering setups in order to optimize render farm usage
- Scrutinizing the colors and directions of all light sources in the real-world scene and replicating them in CG
- Working with the producers, supervisors and CG artists to deliver projects on time and with high quality CG
- Excellent knowledge of Maya, Substance Painter and/or Houdini
- Demonstrable experience of look development, lighting and rendering
- A working knowledge of Arnold
- High level ability to produce great looking imagery across a range of styles; from photo real CG composited against live action through to stylized fully CG work
- Knowledge of cinematic language and technical terminology
- Strong communication skills are critical. Must be able to work within a team, taking direction and exercising attention to detail in a fast-paced production environment
- Creative problem solving and attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and organised
- Able and willing to follow direction and openly collaborate with others
- Ability to work well under pressure and open to working flexible hours
- Adaptable and accepting of creative change throughout a project
- Must have valid US work authorization
- A working knowledge of Mantra and VRay a plus
- A familiarity with scripting e.g. C++, python, hscript or mel
- Experience with linux \ unix based operating systems
- A working knowledge of at least one compositing application (e.g. Nuke) and a solid understanding of the compositing process
- PfTrack or 3DEqualizer experience a plus
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.