Framestore's Design Studio is a multi-talented team of directors, designers and artists creating beautiful images for all platforms. They are highly adaptable and can work across all stages of a project from conception and storyboarding to production, art direction, direction, motion graphics and visual effects.
The role requires you to understand design principles as well as motion design, showing knowledge in design theory, layout, graphic design and typography. You will also be technically proficient across different skills within motion design, with a positive attitude and love for creative problem solving and finding solutions.
The Junior Designer will create compelling and unique motion graphics for clients under the supervision of Art Directors, Creative Directors, and/or the Head of Design. The Junior Designer must be able to thrive in a fast paced artist driven environment, creating both static and moving imagery as part of the pitching and execution process.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position will eventually require working onsite in our London studio.
- Taking briefs and direction from Creative Directors, Art Directors, or Senior Designers to execute motion graphics animations for a diverse array of projects
- Create style frame, storyboards, motion tests, and assemble treatments for pitch presentations based on both internal and client creative direction
- Work collaboratively as part of a larger team on the design focused areas of projects
- Meeting schedules and project deadlines
- Ongoing communication with production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe CS including: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere
- Cinema4D - experience with a variety of renderers
- Must have a viewable portfolio of both static and moving imagery for consideration
- Excellent graphic design and typography skills, in addition to a great eye
- Ability to turn around multiple concepts in a variety of styles and to take creative direction/revisions as needed
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and self-motivated in pursuit of own professional development
- Working independently and in collaboration with other artists
- Must be self-motivated and a collaborative team player
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in an artist driven collaborative workplace
- Dependable and flexible, dedicated to creating the highest quality images possible
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.