Junior Rigging TD - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
The Integrated Advertising division are looking a Junior level Rigging Technical Director to join the team and work across Episodic TV, Advertising and Immersive. Rigging TD's are responsible for designing, creating and maintaining highly accurate and efficient rigs for high end visual effects projects. Riggers work closely with Modellers and Animators to develop and refine rigs that meet the specific requirements of a Commercials/VFX pipeline.
- Create fully scripted rigs and refine them according to animation and lighting needs
- Prototype, implement and refine puppet (skeleton), cloth (deformer based) or mechanical rigs
- Troubleshoot and fix rig issues, collect artistic feedback and fine tune rig behaviour
- Become a proficient user and contributor of the extensive rigging tool-set
- Create simple tools to help animation workflow and rig interaction
- Work within the pipeline and rigging standards
- Meet delivery deadlines under production constraints
- Maya rigging (full body/facial)
- A passion for creating believable CG characters and the requisite attention to detail
- Advanced Python or Mel, GUI scripting and the ability to follow strict coding standards
- Experience with full scripted modular/functional rigging
- Analytical and artistic skills, creativity and visual problem solving
- Team work, communication and time management skills
- The ability to write technical documentation and present your work (wiki, screen cap etc.)
- Basic knowledge of anatomy for bipeds and quadrupeds, skeletons and muscles
- A good understanding of constraints and deformers, how they work and their limitations
- Facial anatomy, realistic eye and mouth rigs, Facs breakdown
- Life drawing or organic modelling especially human anatomy
- Basic knowledge of dynamics (Maya Hair, Comet, nCloth, nParticle etc.)
- Strong maths background, especially matrix maths and geometry algorithms
- C or C++ programming Maya plugins
- Experience with body motion capture: rig hookups, offset rigs, re-targeting etc.
- Experience working in a commercials or film environment.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.