Lead Compositor - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
The Integrated Advertising Division in London are looking for a Lead/Senior Compositor to work across Advertising, Episodic & Immersive.
Compositors seamlessly integrate all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements. Compositors work closely with Visual Effects Supervisors and CG Supervisors to composite the numerous elements that complete visual-effects shots.
- Working in collaboration with the Head of 2D and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
- Giving briefs and direction to the team with the aid of the VFX Supervisors in order to ensure the appropriate execution of shots
- Training and mentoring of more junior artists
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to high-end visual effects tv/film standard
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Ongoing communication with Production and the team regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for the teams' workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- Working with a good knowledge of colour space principles
- An excellent working knowledge of and production experience with Nuke
- Experience in a similar position within Episodic or film VFX
- A familiarity with stereo compositing and working with multiple render passes
- Previous experience leading or mentoring a team
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and problem solve
- An understanding of colour space principles
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
- Experience working on episodic/long form projects.
- On-set experience.