Framestore is looking for a Lead Designer to join our busy facility working across a diverse range and high-end creative content. You will be working with a team of designers, taking projects from conception to delivery.
The Lead Designer will work closely with the Creative Directors, Design Directors, Art Directors Producers and Artists providing an overall leadership role across the Design/animation. You will have a strong passion for motion design and animation.
Day to day the Lead Designer will be confident in pitching for projects, helping to visualise the ideas of the CD / DD / AD by contributing to and generating concepts, style frames and tests. They will take a lead role over the animation team per project to manage those artists and deliver consistency in the design and animation. They will work from pitch right through to delivery phase, on the box, delivering high quality results.
They will collaborate with and support the CD / AD in their vision and they will ensure that vision is respectfully carried across the show. They will help in the research and development of ideas and styles with the CD / AD, being a sounding board and bringing fresh ideas to the table.
The lead designer should have extensive experience as a Senior Designer and have a wide variety of visual styles, a brilliant eye for design, strong knowledge and research base for varying styles, an ability to adapt creative based on client ask and a strong understanding of the creative process.
- Perform at a very high standard, overseeing the design and animation for a show
- Work to fully support the CD/DD/AD in generating and developing concepts, contributing and collaborating in referencing, idea exploration and research that answer the client brief for their show
- Articulate your ideas, sell concepts and present solutions clearly
- Plan projects efficiently, assigning responsibilities to your team and delegating work
- Provide feedback clearly to team and ensure actions and plans are made
- Lead the team of artists consistently in their work, providing clear supervision
- Working on the box throughout and leading by example
- Emphasis on your research and visual referencing skills in support of the vision for the show
- Lead projects both independently or with other seniors members of the team, depending on the project , schedule and team
- Keep an overview of technology and software advances, strive to be up to date with the best tools and working practices for the team
- Involvement in recruitment and mentoring junior artists
- Maintain and constantly push the quality of output for the London office
- 10+ years experience working as a senior designer with a wide variety of styles and looks on your reel as well as a great eye and aesthetic
- Degree in design/animation/motion GFX or similar
- After effects/C4D animation skills at a senior level, along with adobe creative suite skills
- Demonstrated successful background in pitching and a genuine love for the project development process
- Extensive and illustrated concept art experience
- Very high levels of research and knowledge on varying styles of animation
- Ability to work with creative directors, production designers, producers, VFX supervisors and concept artists
- Strong leadership skills, and an ability to lead projects from conception to completion
- Clear presentations skills to inspire the artist team and to present company goals and creative vision
- Ability to mentor junior staff
- Experience working with concept artists and VFX teams, in both 2D and 3D
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, and communicate and articulate your ideas well
- Ability and love of telling stories
- Excellent collaboration skills and a strong desire to work in a fast past global company, always looking to produce the best work across all areas