Marvelous Designer artist
Framestore Film and Episodic in London is looking for a Marvelous Designer Artist to join the studio to assist with an exciting slate of shows coming through in 2021.
- Able to translate flat sketch, tech packs or physical garments to 3D assets in Marvelous Designer
- Deep knowledge of Marvelous Designer or similar tools like Clo3D
- Has a keen eye and understanding of tailoring a garment
- Has an excellent understanding of the qualities of various types of real world garments and how they relate to the properties of virtual clothing
- Understands simulation and rigging departments needs for garments.
- Create models as briefed and or in line with reference materials
- Understand and follow outlined naming conventions
- Ensure consistency in UV mapping
- Present models for progress review to leads, supervisors, clients etc and follow through with notes and feedback if required
- Communicate with other departments and production in order to ensure that the model meets relevant requirements
- Have ongoing communication with Production, Supervisors and Leads regarding the schedules and deadlines
- Stay on schedule meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest level of quality
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently to complete assigned shots
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.