The Pipeline Technical Director will be involved in the creation and ongoing support of a large high-end visual effects pipeline and asset/project management system, tools and utilities. This is open to remote candidates.
- Support and enhance existing in-house tools and frameworks.
- Develop tools using third party and open-source software.
- Extend and integrate asset tracking frameworks and artist tools.
- Communicate with show supervisors regarding show requests.
- Develop a complete understanding of artist workflows.
- Provide guidance and support to Technical Assistants.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5+ years industry experience in a similar role.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in a related technology discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Python.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting.
- Good Experience with Maya and Nuke APIs.
- Good understanding of VFX colour workflows.
- Ability to problem solve unsupervised and recommend technical solutions.
- Ability to learn new technologies as required.
- Willingness to learn existing in-house frameworks
- Positive can-do attitude and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
In addition, experience of any of the following is highly desirable:
- VFX Post Production for Feature Films - processes, techniques, technologies and software.
- Supporting and developing tools for Asset Tracking, Character/Crowd pipeline, QuickTime generation.
- Familiarity with the APIs and use of:
- Programming experience in C++
- SQL and NoSQL database
If you're an experienced Pipeline TD looking for a new opportunity, get in touch!
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.