Pipeline TD - Layout and Matchmove
Method Studios’ film and episodic teams are integrating with Framestore as part of an exciting plan to offer innovative, best-in-class visual effects animation from four continents. Method’s Montreal, Melbourne and Vancouver studios are in the process of being integrated with Framestore, and we hope to have this work fully completed by March 2022. For the time-being your contract and recruitment contact will depend on which studio you apply for, but wherever you are based we look forward to welcoming you to the Framestore family.
At Method Studios Melbourne, the Layout and Matchmove Technical Director will be involved in the creation and ongoing support of a large high-end visual effects pipeline, as well as Layout and Matchmove tools and utilities. This is open to remote candidates.
- Develop and maintain scripts, tools and utilities for Matchmove and Layout departments
- Work in, and understand the proprietary pipeline, to help develop and maintain its efficiency
- Create, package, and release tools and tool projects using proprietary technology.
- Work as a “triage” TD from time-to-time, acting as the point person for the various production-related queries
- Assist artists with technical issues
- Debug application specific and general pipeline related issues including rendering and dispatching
- Identify workflow inefficiencies and work with artists and other Technical Directors to build systems to improve these inefficiencies
- Understand, develop and maintain the pipeline
- Strong Python scripting abilities
- Experience developing user friendly interfaces
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the Linux Operating system
- Experience in code-sharing, revision control using Git and/or SVN
- 3+ years of experience as a VFX Pipeline TD
- Experience in a VFX production environment
- Experience as a Layout or Matchmove Artist or Department TD
- Knowledge of Maya
- Understanding of a Raytracing renderer such as V-Ray
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computing Science
- Understanding of relational databases and/or SQL
- Knowledge of Shotgun or asset management
- C/C++ abilities
- Understanding of render farm systems and management, e.g. Deadline
If this sounds like a good fit, please get in touch!
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.