Realtime Engineer - Unreal
Framestore is looking for an Engineer with a range of experience to join our new and exciting Engine team. Engineers are responsible for assisting in devising and implementing both internal prototypes, and delivering high-quality products and projects for both IP and brand clients across a range of mediums; VR, AR, real-time animation and other exciting platforms. The role maybe also involve working with other teams within Framestore.
- Develop clean, optimized high and low-level code in Unreal engine within the designed framework
- Identify technical issues and solve complex problems with innovative solutions
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code to an agreed design strategy
- Work with CG artists from Film VFX and Real-Time in order to implement assets in-engine
- Document and peer review technical designs with other engineers
- Research innovative ideas to improve efficiency and satisfy technical requirements, especially when it comes to convergence areas involving the usage of game engines to produce non-interactive content.
- Work with Producers, technical and creative leads to provide input for the budgeting process for technical development/engine elements of a production
Required Skills / Experience
- 2+ Years of experience in Unreal engine development
- Experience with XR hardware platform(s)
- Strong experience with C++, C#
- Strong experience with Epic Unreal Engine (+ Unity a plus)
- Rendering/animation knowledge (real-time rendering, animation)
- Excellent communication skills
- Software architecture, mathematics and physics understanding
- Understanding of game development, real-time rendering and game engines
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing
- Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to solve problems as they arise and remain calm in high-pressure situations
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.