Rigging TD - Advertising, Episodic & Immersive
Framestore is looking for a Mid/Senior Rigging Technical Director to join our London office working across Advertising, Episodic and Immersive projects. This is a permanent position.
Rigging TD's are responsible for both creating and animating rigs for visual effects in commercials. They will work closely with modellers and animators to develop and refine rigs that meet the specific requirements of a VFX pipeline.
- Create fully scripted rigs and refine them according to animation and lighting needs
- Troubleshoot and fix rig issues, collect artistic feedback and fine tune rig behaviour
- Become a proficient user and contributor of the extensive rigging tool-set
- Create simple tools to help animation workflow and rig interaction
- Work within the pipeline, animation and rigging standards
- Working efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned rigs and shots
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Continuing to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology
- Maya rigging (full body/facial)
- A passion for creating believable CG characters and the requisite attention to detail
- The ability to write technical documentation and present your work (wiki, screen cap etc.)
- Python or Mel, GUI scripting and the ability to follow strict coding standards
- Team work, communication and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of anatomy for bipeds and quadrupeds, skeletons and muscles
- A good understanding of constraints and deformers, how they work and their limitations
- An understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge of dynamics (Maya Hair, Comet, nCloth, nParticle etc.)
- Life drawing or organic modelling especially human anatomy
- Strong maths background, especially matrix maths and geometry algorithms
- C or C++ programming Maya plugins
- Experience with body motion capture: rig hookups, offset rigs, re-targeting etc.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.