Scrum Master - Systems
Framestore is an Oscar, Bafta, and Emmy award-winning global creative company working in film, advertising, AR/MR/VR, theme park dark rides, and pre/post visualization work among many other creative endeavors.
The company employs 4000 people across UK, Asia, Canada and US and is dedicated to the art of digital visual creation through technical innovation and excellence.
The Systems team at Framestore are responsible for core infrastructure products and services including networking, security, storage, virtualization, render farm management, cloud platform operations, CI/CD automation, operating system development, devops workflow and tooling.
We are looking for a dedicated scrum master who is able to work with all Systems technical teams to nurture and evolve our internal product portfolio using Agile methodologies.
You will report to the head of department and will work closely with technical teams, product owners and project managers to oversee end to end delivery of projects.
This is a rapidly evolving, highly technical, and frequently demanding environment. You will need a high level of organisational skills and possess the ability to maximise the potential of the teams by leading and facilitating scrum meetings/ceremonies and coaching the teams in scrum techniques and Agile culture
- Monitors dev team activities and guide team towards meeting commitments
- Shields teams from external interferences that can jeopardize iteration goals
- Accountable for continuous improvement, self-organization and high performance
- Assists teams in maintaining data integrity, completeness and accuracy in tools for work tracking and reporting, used to efficiently complete tasks
- Guides the definition of complete and actionable backlog items with clear acceptance criteria and quality assurance
- Maintains a strong and aligned relationship with the team’s product owner, obtaining required information for team success
- Provides guidance to the organization around best practices and leads strategic initiatives for adoption of best practices
- Ensure new code, feature or software product meets performance goals/metrics
- Provides weekly progress reports and updates to the division leadership team, project stakeholders and product managers
- Applies agile principles, values, and techniques by fostering deeper understanding of agile roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate with other scrum masters and ensure consistency of process, champion Agile within Framestore
- 2 + years of experience delivering highly scalable and robust systems, complex technical products or services in a fast-paced environment using Agile techniques and methodologies
- 2 + years of experience in a software industry role (engineer, designer, QA, etc)
- 1 + years of experience as a scrum master
- Fluent in JIRA and Confluence
- Solid understanding of statistics and metrics and being able to make data driven decisions
- Excellent written skills - being able to communicate technical concepts in a concise and accurate manner
- Attention to detail and being willing to ask difficult questions
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, POs, PMs, designers, and all leadership levels
- Zeal for team performance and encourage excellence
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and handle complex issues and relationships
- People skills: know when to go hard, and when not to.
- Sense of humour, essential