Senior CG Artist
Framestore is looking for a staff Senior CG Artist to join our Chicago studio working across a diverse range of projects within our Integrated Advertising division.
Senior CG Artists are one of the most senior CG artists in the studio, taking both a hands on role in projects and from time to time will lead more junior artists in some aspects of projects as needed. The Senior CG Artists need to have a thorough broad understanding of the CG pipeline, although there may be an area that is their specialty.
We are looking for someone with a blend of technical and creative skill on the box as well as a future desire and ability to lead. The career progression for this role could be into a CG Lead and eventually a CG Supervisor role, or alternatively the senior CG artists may decide to focus on being one of the best hands on technical directors in the studio, leading by example.
- One of the most senior CG artists in the CG team in Chicago, working on CG aspects of projects to the highest standard.
- Asset creation, working in a hands on capacity and with other senior artists as needed.
- Shot look development for complex CG shots and sequences
- Working on shots of the highest level of complexity
- Troubleshooting projects when they are challenged, working with the producers, supervisors and CG artists to deliver projects on time and with high quality CG
- Mentoring some CG artists work, providing feedback during projects and guiding artists in your team during projects.
- VFX industry experience of 6+ years
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of VFX pipelines, production and workflows
- A strong sense of aesthetic and the desire to push boundaries.
- Solid experience in one specific area of the pipeline - EG shot look development/lighting/assets/animation/FX
- Solid knowledge of all other disciplines within VFX, including modeling and UV mapping, texturing, rigging, camera tracking and FX.
- Good communication, collaboration and organisational skills
- Must be a creative problem solver and have good attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure & meet deadlines whilst maintaining high quality results
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- A collaborative work ethic.
- Experienced in Maya and Houdini
- Extensive knowledge of rendering packages, such as Arnold, V-ray and Mantra
- Well versed in Nuke
- Knowledge of Mel and/or Python Scripting
- Strong understanding of linux \ unix based operating systems
- Good to have Leadership experience of small teams, and ambition to be a CG Lead/CG Supervisor
- Senior CG Artists may also choose to stay in a hands on role, focusing on working to the highest level of CG technical production
- Experience with real-time engines like Unreal or Unity a plus
- Must have valid US work authorization
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.