Senior CMS/Web Developer
Framestore is a global leader in computer graphics. You may not know us, but you might know our work; such as the film 'Gravity', for which we won an Oscar and BAFTA for Best Visual Effects.
This role is a "full stack" web development role within Framestore’s Immersive division. You will have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects and enhancement of existing applications. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently or closely within a team, have strong communication skills and a passion for programming.
- Design, programming, testing, deployment and maintenance of software that meets real-world needs
- Maintaining and extending existing software - proprietary and open source
- Collaborating with sysadmins on deployment and administration
- Development of UI, UX and data visualization
- Experience with Drupal 7 and 8
- PHP programming, used as a web backend and for stand-alone scripts and application
- SQL databases with experience of schema design, debugging and performance issue
- A solid grasp of HTML/CSS
- Comfortable working with a team and using a modern version control system like git
- Experience developing RESTful/JSON APIs
- General GNU/Linux experience
- Experience with the following Acquia platform, dynamoDb and AWS
- An understanding of the role of popular frameworks, libraries, and web build tooling; when to use them and when not to
- Have troubleshooting/problem solving ability. The work will often involve identifying and trying to fix problems within web pages
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing directly with other developers and non-developers
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.