Senior Compositor (Nuke)
Framestore’s NY studio is expanding our staff compositing team, and are looking for Senior Compositor to join us in working on a broad range of high end content, including advertising, branding, film, episodic and immersive projects.
The Senior Compositor needs to have a thorough and in depth knowledge of compositing foundations from clean up to complex integrations involving live plates and CG elements as well as creative and design-driven compositing. They must have a blend of technical and creative skill on the box as well as a desire and ability to lead and an open approach to sharing knowledge and leading by example. It is also essential that the Senior Compositor has demonstrated a brilliant aesthetic with a wide variety of looks, and an understanding of the creative process.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits and working on a hybrid work model with some days in office and some days remote, ideal candidates will be based locally in New York, but open to discussing a fully remote agreement for the right individual.
- Taking briefs and direction from compositing supervisors and VFX supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to a high standard
- Working with clients in order to create their vision
- Meeting schedules and project deadlines
- Ongoing communication with production and supervisors regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- An excellent working knowledge of and at least 5+ years production experience with nuke on commercial, tv, and/or film projects
- A great reel showing a wide range of shots, comping techniques and a creative eye
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- Proven ability in working with clients in order to create their vision
- An understanding of color space principles
- Photoshop and Linux experience
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
- Experience with Hiero, Shotgun/Shotgrid, After effects, Final Cut, and/or Flame is an advantage
New York City Employees: Pay Range: $95,000 - $130,000 per year.
The posted range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of New York. The range is posted in accordance with the New York City Pay Transparency Bill. The range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of New York City. Pay is dependent on the applicant's relevant skills, experience, and qualifications.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.