Senior Lighting and Look Development TD
Framestore’s New York studio is expanding our staff CG team, and are looking for an experienced Senior Lighting and Look Dev TD to join our busy facility working across a diverse range of high-end creative content within our Integrated Advertising division.
We work on award winning highly creative commercials and immersive projects and are looking for a Lighting and Look Development TD who has experience in commercials and/or film, who has a passion for high end VFX, with experience working in a collaborative team atmosphere and someone who has a great reel. If you have broader generalist skills, that is a bonus.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position may eventually require at least some onsite work in our NY studio.
- CG scene assembly including the correct assets from applicable departments
- Lighting shots as briefed by the Visual Effects/CG Supervisor or Sequence Lead
- Creating lighting set ups and/or working with current set ups
- Creating efficient rendering set ups in order to optimize render farm usage
- Scrutinizing the colors and directions of all light sources in the real-world scene and replicating them in CG
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- Ongoing communication with Production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Other duties as required including wrangling assets or elements of a shot from another department to ensure shots are completed to schedule
- Previous experience with shot look development
- An excellent understanding of color-space
- A strong knowledge of lighting techniques
- A solid knowledge of Nuke, including how to use layers and passes to tweak a shot after it has been rendered
- Good knowledge of other disciplines within VFX including; FX Simulation, Modeling and UV mapping, Texturing and Camera Tracking
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving and attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality results
- Able to work successfully as part of a team as well as independently
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work within a pre-set workflow or pipeline but also have the creativity and problem solving skills to work around issues
- A thorough knowledge of Maya
- Extensive knowledge of Arnold or a similar production renderer
- Knowledge of physically plausible shading techniques
- Basic knowledge of Python and/or Mel scripting
- A strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Experience and knowledge in Modeling and Texturing
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with digital paint software such as Photoshop and/or Mari
- Experience working with effects elements and volume rendering
- Knowledge and experience in other render packages
New York City Employees: Pay Range: $85,000 - $130,000 per year.
The posted range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of New York. The range is posted in accordance with the New York City Pay Transparency Bill. The range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of New York City. Pay is dependent on the applicant's relevant skills, experience, and qualifications.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.