Primary purpose of role: To create materials for CG props, characters and environments and assist in the stylised or photoreal look development of these assets
· Experience in surfacing and shading characters/environments/props for feature films.
· Ability to come up with creative, efficient rendering solutions for a wide variety of assets including fur, skin, hard surface etc.
· Strong lookdev skills both artistically and technically with great experience and understanding of shading, rendering, colour, photography etc.
· Strong knowledge of Maya, Photoshop and Linux.
· Adavanced knowledg of Vray rendering.
· Basic knowledge of other renderers, 3Delight, Renderman etc.
· Basic knowledge of shading and srufacing writing.
· Some experience with Mari, Zbrush, Mudbox, or other texture and normal/displacement map generation is a plus.
· Some Texturing and/or Lighting experience.
· Experience with all aspects of the rendering pipeline.
· A passion for the craft and a willingness to learn new techniques and software.
· Ability to quickly interpret producers and supervisors briefs and devise effective solutions.
· Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
· Flexible and able to work within timelines – ability to reasonably estimate time and evaluate scope for jobs.
· Ability to consistently produce work of an appropriate standard.
· 4+ years experience as a Look-Dev artist
Take textured models from the asset department and push shader qualities to an accepted level.
· Create shaders that react realistically to light and obey physical and natural phenomenon.
· Creating render rigs where applicable.
· Finalise assets technically and aesthetically.
· Develop a pre-set shader bank for different surface qualities.
· Work collaboratively with other departments.
Mentoring junior artists
· Adhering to existing pipeline, procedures and workflows.
Previous experience in a Lookdev artist position essential